Sunday, 6 April 2014

International Pillow Fight Day!

It was a seemingly ordinary day yesterday, as I made my way to the Royal Academy.
Despite the clouds, the tourist season is in full swing, judging by the huge numbers I got caught up in.
I couldn't put my finger on it but there was something about this crowd that just seemed out of place. 
Little did I know what I had walked into...


All of a sudden a shout went out in the crowd from a rather scantily clad gentleman yielding a megaphone.


Roars of rapturous cheers rippled out over Trafalgar Square.


Before erupting into pillow fight madness....


Even as an onlooker, I still spent the rest of the afternoon picking feathers out of my hair!
  

Just an ordinary Saturday afternoon in London.
How was your weekend?

13 comments:

  1. Hello Paul, not as exciting as yours. This so wild! How come you didn't join in the pillow fight? That was a nice photo of Canada House. Now, I miss London.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't have a pillow to hand but you know me, had I known:)

      Delete
  2. there goes my fluffy pillow :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness me - I notice that there are not many of my generation present.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were indeed Rosemary and they were covered in honey just before the feathers flew!

      Delete
  4. ……..those street department workers will be mad tomorrow morning - unless it's a particularly windy night!!

    London can be crazy - for me it's fighting my way through the crowds in M&S on Oxford Street. I vowed after the last time NEVER to visit on a Saturday again! I actually experienced my one and only ever panic attack!

    Happy week ahead dear Paul.
    Mary - who prefers the quiet of the garden these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently the Mayors Office rather cleverly closed down most of the square for cleaning just before the event began, sounded like damage control to me.
      Even I would never go to Oxford Street, even on a Saturday Mary that's frightening thought, you are a daredevil! ;)

      Delete
  5. My weekend in the Kent countryside was a little 'quieter' than yours Paul! Looks like fun though……?!

    Sophia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We eventually battled our way through to get to the Royal Academy to carry on with our planned afternoon in civilised surroundings albeit still picking feathers from each others hair! :)

      Delete
  6. I thought the Spaniards had dibs on kooky festivals, now that's a feather in your cap :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paul, Too fun! Only in London. My boys would have been thrilled to be involved. I have slumber party experience and can haul a few good pillows myself. Next time, I'd like to see photos of you with feathers in the hair! :D x

    ReplyDelete